We encourage you to suggest a book for the next UM Common Reading Experience. Nominations for the 2014 book selection are now being accepted.
Book Selection Process
The 2014 Common Reading Experience Book Selection Subcommittee will meet from October 2013 through January 2014 in order to nominate a book to the Common Reading Experience Committee. We are interested in receiving book ideas from as many people as possible. Please feel free to suggest a book by completing the form below. Every nomination will be considered by the subcommittee. If you have questions or suggestions on the process, please contact Book Selection Subcommittee co-chairs Dr. Leslie Banahan ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) and Dr. Robert Cummings (email@example.com ).
A desirable book for the Common Reading Experience will have many of these qualities:
- less than 400 pages
- available in paperback format
- accessible to students at all levels
- accessible to community readers
- multiple themes which are applicable to many disciplines
- published in the last 5 years
- written by a living author
- written by an author available to speak on campus in the fall of 2014
- written by an author available to interact with students on campus in the fall of 2014
Thank you for your interest in the Common Reading selection. Nominations for the 2014 Common Reading Experience have closed. We appreciate your suggestions.